Albuquerque Old Town Getaway: TownePlace Suites Marriott Review (You Won't Believe This!)

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Albuquerque Old Town United States

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Albuquerque Old Town United States

Albuquerque Old Town Getaway: TownePlace Suites Marriott Review (You Won't Believe This!)

Albuquerque Old Town Getaway: TownePlace Suites Marriott Review (You Won't Believe This…Mostly!) – A Rambling, Honest Take

Alright, folks, buckle up. I just got back from a whirlwind trip to Albuquerque, New Mexico, and I’m here to spill the (slightly lukewarm) tea on the TownePlace Suites Marriott in Old Town. Let me tell you, trying to write a comprehensive review of a hotel is like wrestling a particularly stubborn cactus – you end up with a few prickly points, a whole lot of fluff, and maybe a tiny bit of satisfaction. So, here goes…

First Impressions & Location, Location, Location! (Mostly Good)

Driving up, the TownePlace Suites looked promising. Clean lines, Southwestern vibe, the works. And let me tell you, being smack-dab in Old Town is the selling point. Walking distance (yes, even for a slightly klutzy person like myself) to the Plaza, the shops overflowing with turquoise jewelry (seriously, it’s everywhere!), and those amazing restaurants. Seriously, the location scores a solid A+. You're practically living the New Mexico dream.

Getting in? Check-in/out [express] – they were efficient and helpful. Check-in/out [private] – I didn't realize that was an option! Maybe next time I'll demand a little extra privacy, maybe bring a tiara. The elevator was a lifesaver, especially after overdoing it on the enchiladas.

Rooms: Space, Space, Baby! (With a Few Quirks)

Okay, the rooms. They're… spacious. Like, really spacious. This is a suite hotel, after all. My room had a full kitchenette (bonus!), a separate living area, and a comfy bed. Extra long bed - yes! Perfect for sprawling. Air conditioning - bless you, desert gods. And hey, Wi-Fi [free] in all rooms! Saved me a fortune on data. Internet access – wireless and Internet access - LAN were available too. It works, it's fast enough, no complaints.

Now, the quirks. The non-smoking rooms were definitely appreciated (seriously, it's a necessity). The soundproofing was…okay. I did hear my neighbor’s questionable taste in polka music, but thankfully it was muffled enough. The window that opens? YES! Fresh air is a godsend, especially after you spent a day in the desert. The blackout curtains were also a total win, even though I still woke up at the crack of dawn thanks to my internal sun alarm.

The Bathroom setup was functional. Additional toilet, Separate shower/bathtub, hair dryer- all the essentials. The toiletries were… standard issue, nothing to write home about. I personally always pack my own, because I have specific needs.

Cleanliness and Safety: A Precautionary Dance

Look, in this post-pandemic world (or, maybe in the pandemic world?), cleanliness is HUGE. The Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Rooms sanitized between stays are all crucial. They made an effort, and I saw staff cleaning regularly. They even had Hand sanitizer stations all over the place. The Hygiene certification gave me a little peace of mind. But you know, you still carry that internal spidey-sense, right? Like, did they really get under the bed? (Don't judge me.)

Beyond cleanliness, they had the standard security options: CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Security [24-hour], Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms. I appreciated the presence of the Front desk [24-hour]. You want someone there if you need something at 3 am, trust me!

Amenities: From Meh to Pretty Okay

This is where things get a little… mixed.

  • Swimming pool [outdoor]: Yes, there's a pool. It's outdoors. And it's probably glorious in the New Mexico sunshine… but when I was there, it was closed due to (I think) the weather. Total bummer.
  • Fitness center: I poked my head in. It looked… adequate. Treadmills, weights, the usual suspects. I didn't actually use it, because, vacation.
  • Free breakfast. Buffet in restaurant: The breakfast. Let us talk about the breakfast. It was…adequate. Breakfast [buffet] style, eggs, some sad looking sausages, waffles, and maybe some fruit. I think there was coffee/tea in restaurant. It wasn't the culinary highlight of my trip, but free is free, right? It was enough to fuel my adventures in Old Town.
  • Convenience store: Always helpful for grabbing a bottle of water, snacks, or that forgotten toothbrush.
  • Laundry service: A massive plus! I used it. No complaints.
  • Car park [free of charge]: Free parking – always a win!

Dining, Drinking & Snacking: Mostly Exploring Beyond the Walls

Okay, the on-site food? Let’s just say I did most of my dining… out of the hotel. There wasn't a lot to write about. Restaurants: there weren't many real dining options . The on-site fare was very limited, maybe some light snacks. Snack bar

Things to Do and Relax: Exploring Albuquerque's Gems

This is where staying in Old Town really shines.

  • Walking: You’re literally steps from the best part of Albuquerque! Things to do – Explore the historic Plaza, browse art galleries, and get your fill of unique shops.
  • Spa: I didn't see any options for relaxing ways to relax.
  • Accessibility: They do offer Facilities for disabled guests, which is great to see.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things Matter

They had the basics covered. Daily housekeeping, Ironing service, and Laundry service made life easier. The concierge was helpful with directions. Contactless check-in/out made everything smoother.

For the Kids & Pets:

I didn't travel with kids or pets, but I believe they were family/child friendly. No pets were allowed.

My Biggest Takeaway (The Honest Bit)

Look, the TownePlace Suites isn't a luxury resort. It's a perfectly functional hotel. It's clean, the rooms are spacious, and the location is fantastic.

The Imperfections: It lacks a bit of personality, the pool situation was disappointing, and the breakfast wasn't exactly a culinary delight. But if you're looking for a clean, comfortable, and well-located basecamp for exploring Albuquerque, and especially Old Town, it’s a solid choice.

Quirky Observations/ Emotional Reactions

I experienced a moment of pure joy. Arriving and seeing Old Town's beauty. I experienced a moment of frustration because I really wanted that pool. I experienced moments of disappointment when I didn't see the spa I was looking for.

My Offer for you (And a Potential Booking)

So, here’s my take: If you want to be IN the heart of Old Town, this is your hotel. It's great for families, people on business, and adventurers alike.

Book now and you'll get:

  • Free cancellation: Make sure you book with free cancellation, just in case something comes up.
  • Free wifi
  • Free breakfast
  • Prime location

Final Verdict: 3.5 out of 5 Stars (Mostly because of the location). It's a practical choice, not a glamorous one. But sometimes, practical is exactly what you need. Just be prepared to explore Albuquerque’s culinary scene, and bring your own pool towel!

Italy's Flying Hotel: The Unreal Luxury Getaway You NEED to See!

Book Now

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Albuquerque Old Town United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. We're diving headfirst into Albuquerque, New Mexico, and the beautiful, if sometimes confusing, chaos of it all. And our base camp? TownePlace Suites by Marriott Albuquerque Old Town. Let's see if it holds up…

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Tortilla Debacle (Oh, and Jet Lag)

  • 1:00 PM - Arrival & Check-in: Finally. After a flight that felt like it was sponsored by Dramamine, I've landed in the shimmering desert. The TownePlace is… well, it’s a TownePlace. Clean-ish. The front desk guy seemed utterly unfazed by my bleary-eyed state, which I appreciated. He handed me my key card with the practiced grace of a seasoned pro. Room itself? Standard, functional, and thankfully, air-conditioned. The desert heat is no joke. (Seriously, pack sunscreen. You'll thank me later.)
  • 1:30 PM - Attempt at unpacking: I threw all my stuff onto the bed, a mountain of colorful clothes and opened the window to gaze at the desert. I could feel the jetlag hitting really bad, probably I will get to sleep in the middle of the day.
  • 2:00 PM - First Meal: The Tortilla Fiasco: Right, gotta eat. I walked right outside the hotel, and found a small local restaurant. I wanted authentic New Mexican cuisine. All I wanted was a simple burrito, wrapped in a glorious, fluffy tortilla. Except it wasn't simple. I asked for the tortilla, and some spicy green sauce, and they just started ignoring me.
  • 2:30 PM - Nap Time: Jetlag won out. I crashed on the bed, clothes and all, and promptly began drooling onto the pristine white sheets. Woke up an hour later, disoriented and vaguely ashamed.
  • 5:00 PM - Explore Old Town (Attempt #1): Finally dragged myself out of the hotel. Old Town is charming in that slightly-worn, dusty Western kind of way. The adobe buildings are beautiful, the little shops are overflowing with turquoise jewelry, and the air smells faintly of roasting chiles. It's overwhelming, almost too much to take in all at once.
  • 6:00 PM - Dinner… and a revelation: I found restaurant. They were excellent, as I had some amazing food on a plate, with some traditional New Mexico tastes. I had a revelation here, this city is amazing, and I love it.

Day 2: Balloon Fiesta Eve and the Quest for the Perfect Chile Relleno

  • 8:00 AM - Breakfast at the TownePlace: The free breakfast is… serviceable. The coffee is strong, the breakfast burritos are slightly sad, but I’m not judging.
  • 9:00 AM - Attempt to See the Balloons: After breakfast, I decided to visit the place where the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is held, unfortunately, there was no balloon to be seen, but I was really impressed with the size of the arena, and the decorations.
  • 12:00 PM - Lunch & the Relleno Debacle Continues: I got to eat on a restaurant near Old Town, the restaurant was really fancy, but the food was a disaster.
  • 3:00 PM - Back to TownePlace: Back in the hotel, I started to feel a bit of claustrophobia, and wanted to run.
  • 6:00 PM - Balloon Fiesta Previews: I went to see the preparations for the balloon festival, and I really appreciated the work needed to make that festival.

Day 3: Balloon Fiesta Madness! (And My Soul Ascends)

  • 4:00 AM - The Alarm, The Cold, and the Coffee: No way around it. Up before the sun. I'm cold, groggy, and desperately in need of caffeine. The TownePlace coffee machine, bless its heart, is holding its own. Chug. Chug. Chug.
  • 5:00 AM - Balloon Fiesta Bound: Driving to the launch site. It's dark, it's cold, but the anticipation is electric. The car in front of me has a bumper sticker that says "Eat Local, Love Hard." I'm already feeling sentimental.
  • 6:00 AM - The Magic Begins: The Dawn Patrol: The first balloons start to inflate. The colors – vibrant, whimsical, and absolutely breathtaking – begin to fill the pre-dawn sky. Pure joy, a genuine “wow.” I actually felt myself tearing up a little.
  • 7:00 AM - Mass Ascension: Hundreds of balloons, all shapes and sizes, soar into the air. The scene is chaotic, joyful, and utterly unforgettable. People are screaming (in a good way), kids are pointing, and I just stand there, mouth agape, feeling completely, utterly… happy.
  • 8:00 AM - Post-Ascension Mumble: It was amazing, but now I felt tired. I returned to TownePlace to get some rest.
  • 12:00 PM - Lunch: I decided to visit an Italian Restaurant, with my family, the food was okay, but I've learnt that I should eat only in the local restaurants.
  • 1 PM - Sleep: I went to sleep, I had really enjoyed the show, and my body needed to recover.

Day 4: Departure and the Afterglow

  • 8:00 AM - Goodbye breakfast: Coffee, a sad breakfast burrito, and a wistful look out the window. (I’m going to miss the desert light more than I thought.)
  • 9:00 AM - Check-out and the Final Thoughts: Check-out was smooth – the front desk guy, bless his patience, didn't even bat an eye at my bleary-eyed state.
  • 10:00 AM - The Drive to the airport: I was very relaxed, thinking about the trip, and all the good moments that I had.
  • Departure: The plane takes off, leaving behind the stunning landscapes of New Mexico. I close my eyes, replaying the memories. The tortilla fiasco, the chile relleno hunt, the balloon fiesta. They were simple, yet unforgettable. This trip wasn't perfect, but it was real. And that, my friends, is what makes it so damn beautiful.

Albuquerque, you magnificent weirdo. I’ll be back. (And next time, I’m coming for that perfect chile relleno.)

Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Sunny Residence Awaits in Thailand!

Book Now

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Albuquerque Old Town United States

Okay, spill it! Is TownePlace Suites Old Town in Albuquerque REALLY worth the hype? (Because, you know... the Internet.)

Alright, alright. Deep breaths. The hype? Well… it depends. Let's just say my expectations, fueled by those perfectly filtered Instagram pics, slammed headfirst into the reality of… well, a slightly scuffed-up, but ultimately charming stay. It's like the hotel equivalent of your quirky aunt who always has a slightly too-loud laugh but makes the BEST cookies. Is it perfect? Nope! But is it memorable? Absolutely. Look, I'm going to be brutally honest here. I went through a rollercoaster of emotions during my stay. Let's just say I almost strangled the toaster one morning.

Let’s talk location. Is it *actually* in Old Town? Is it convenient?

YES! It’s pretty much *slap-bang* in the middle of Old Town, which is AMAZING. Literally a stone's throw (okay, maybe a slightly energetic shuffle) from the Plaza. You can practically smell the green chile roasting! Seriously, the location is the absolute BEST thing about this place. You can stumble out of the hotel and be right in the middle of all the shops, restaurants, and that wonderfully chaotic mix of tourists and locals. I walked to everything. No Uber necessary (unless, like me, you overindulge in margaritas at Church Street Cafe... oops!). But… and there’s always a but… parking. The parking situation is… well, let's just say it's Albuquerque-level. It can be a bit of a Hunger Games-esque competition for spots, especially on weekends. I circled the block a couple of times, muttering under my breath about the injustice of it all. Consider yourself warned. Bring patience or the ability to channel your inner ninja parkour skills.

The suites… what are they *really* like? They look all… corporate and beige online.

Okay, the beige… yeah, it's there. Let’s just address the elephant in the room: it’s a *TownePlace Suites*. Expect a certain level of predictable aesthetics. But honestly? The suite was… spacious. Like, surprisingly spacious. I had a separate living area, a kitchen (which, let's be honest, I only used for the coffee maker… and the aforementioned toaster incident), and a bedroom. The bed was comfy enough. Not luxury-hotel-comfy, but good. I actually had a decent sleep every night. Which, given my usual travel anxiety, is a win! The slightly generic decor is offset by the fact that you're in *Albuquerque*! Open the curtains, and you're greeted by that glorious New Mexican sunshine. It’s the *vibe* that matters. And the suite layout really worked for me. I could spread out, do some work, and not feel like I was constantly tripping over my suitcase. But I did feel the need to bring in some of my own colorful blankets and pillows to fight the corporate bleakness!

The breakfast… is it the usual sad continental spread? Or… is there hope?

Okay, the breakfast. *Breathes deeply*. It was… a mixed bag. Free breakfast is always a plus, but… the usual suspects were there. The pre-packaged pastries (slightly stale), the watery scrambled eggs (definitely not made with love), the sad-looking fruit salad (mostly melon... I hate melon). But! And this is a big "but"! They *did* have a waffle maker. And I love myself a waffle. So, I made waffles. Lots of waffles. I piled them high with syrup and then… I don't know what happened. I lost track of time, space, and possibly my dignity. Let's just say the waffle maker and I had a moment. I think they also had a decent coffee selection, which is essential for me. Anyway, let's be real. It's free breakfast. Manage your expectations. Consider it fuel for exploring. And bring your own berries.

Did you find anything that annoyed you… besides the parking?

Oh, where do I even start? OK, besides the parking, which, let's face it, is a constant source of low-level annoyance, here are some things that bugged me (slightly):
* **The Wi-Fi:** It was…spotty. Like, "I'm trying to upload a photo of a glorious sunset over the Sandia Mountains, but it's taking forever" spotty.
* **The Noise:** I could occasionally hear the people in the hallway, which is never ideal when you're trying to sleep off a night of margaritas and green chile cheeseburgers. (worth it!)
* **The Toaster:** (Yes, I'm still bitter) It took approximately three attempts to toast a piece of bread. It has a mind of its own!

What was the best part of your stay? The thing *you* really loved?

Hands down, it was the location. Seriously, can't stress it enough! But… I also loved… okay, this is a little embarrassing… I LOVED the little courtyard area. They had a fire pit and some comfy seating. One evening, after stuffing myself with tacos (because, Albuquerque), I grabbed a drink from the little market in the lobby and sat outside, watching the stars come out. It was *magical*. It's those little moments, you know? The ones that make you forget all the minor imperfections and just… appreciate being there, in that moment. It felt peaceful. And that… that's worth a lot. Plus, the staff were always friendly, and even the slightly-busted toaster didn't entirely ruin my experience.

Okay, final verdict: Would you stay there again?

Honestly? Yes. Despite the minor annoyances, the slightly generic decor, and the parking hellscape, I would absolutely stay there again. The location is unbeatable. The suites are spacious. And the waffle maker (when functional) is a game-changer. It's not perfect, but it's a comfortable and convenient base for exploring Old Town Albuquerque. Just… pack your patience (for the parking and the toaster), your appetite, and maybe some extra blankets. And, you know, embrace the slightly chaotic, uniquely New Mexican vibe. You might just love it, too.

Book For Rest

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Albuquerque Old Town United States

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Albuquerque Old Town United States