
Pelican Inn Monterey: Coastal Charm Awaits (Your Unforgettable Escape)
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Pelican Inn Monterey! Let's be real, finding the perfect hotel is like finding a unicorn wearing a tuxedo. But hey, this place… this place intrigued me. Did it live up to the hype? Let's get messy and find out.
First Impressions & Accessibility – The Good, The Okay, The "Hmmm…"
Right, so, the Pelican Inn Monterey. "Coastal Charm Awaits" they say. And, yes, the coastline is right there. Gorgeous, even. I'm getting ahead of myself though.
Accessibility: Let's get this out of the way: If you're relying solely on wheelchair access, do your research. I poked around, and while they offer "Facilities for disabled guests," it’s not explicitly a fully ADA-compliant resort. Call them and ask detailed questions, okay? Don't assume. Elevator? Probably. It's a multi-story building (looking up at the exteriors), but confirm. Things like wider doorways and accessible bathrooms are your key concerns to address with the front desk.
Getting Around: You can breeze around via Airport transfer which is nice, and they have their own Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site]. Bonus points! Free parking at a coastal hotel is a win. You may need to navigate around others, but that's life, eh? Car power charging station – modern and forward-thinking! Taxi service is available. I didn't use it, but it’s there.. Valet parking - yes.
Other important Accessibility details:
- Elevator: Ensure it leads to the areas of your interest.
- Proximity to sea: Check if there's an easy path to enjoy the coastal views without any obstacles.
- Rooms: Check the room dimensions and the bathroom dimensions before booking.
My Experience with Accessibility: A Small Roadblock, But We Got There!
I'm good on stairs (thankfully), so I could get around. But I noticed that some of the walkways weren't perfectly level. It made me think about someone using a walker or wheelchair. I'd give it a solid "B" for accessibility, maybe a "B+" if you call ahead and confirm the details.
Rooms: Cozy & Coastal
They've got all the usual suspects in the rooms:
Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
Rooms: The rooms were charming. Not the Ritz-Carlton, mind you. But charming. Think "coastal chic" with a touch of "grandma's guest room – in a good way!" The beds? Comfy. That's what counts to me. And the blackout curtains? Bless their cotton souls! I slept like a baby. They've been keeping the rooms well-maintained, no glaring issues. Good enough.
Internet: The Lifeline
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yesss… and it actually worked!
- Internet: fine.
- Internet [LAN]: Never used that.
- Internet services: fine.
- Wi-Fi in public areas: fine.
- Available in all rooms, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Wi-Fi [free]: Double points for easy online access.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – More Than Meets the Eye (and My Stomach)
Okay, foodie alert! This is where the Pelican Inn Monterey surprised me.
- Restaurants: Plural, which is always a good sign.
- A la carte in restaurant: Yes.
- Alternative meal arrangement: Presumably, but double-check with them.
- Asian cuisine in restaurant: Nice to have.
- Bar: Cheers! Essential.
- Bottle of water: Phew, good.
- Breakfast [buffet]: I love buffets, you love buffets…
- Breakfast service: Good.
- Buffet in restaurant: Excellent.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop: Caffeine is a must.
- Desserts in restaurant: I see a trend here.
- Happy hour: Oh, yes.
- International cuisine in restaurant: Yes, variety.
- Poolside bar: Because, why not?
- Poolside bar: Always important.
- Room service [24-hour]: A lifesaver for late-night cravings.
- Salad in restaurant: Healthy options.
- Snack bar: For those mid-afternoon nibbles.
- Soup in restaurant: Comfort food, always a win.
- Vegetarian restaurant: Always welcome.
- Western breakfast: Good.
- Western cuisine in restaurant: Yes.
My Foodie Adventure (or, How I Ate My Way Through the Inn)
The buffet breakfast was no joke! A decent range of Asian cuisine as well as a standard selection of Western food. Quality? Above average for a hotel buffet. The coffee was strong, and the staff kept everything cleaned up. Huge win.
The poolside bar? Ah, the poolside bar. Picture this: sun, a gentle breeze, a margarita in hand… pure bliss. I had a chicken noodle soup and it was perfect, considering the day. And for dinner? The restaurant had an extensive international menu.
- My tip: Ask the front desk about nightly specials. Usually good stuff.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax – Spa-tacular (Maybe)
Spa/sauna: Yes but I didn't see it! Spa/sauna: The spa is important. Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage: The usual pampering suspects. Gym/fitness: If you work out, this is great. Pool with view, Sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: Wonderful options to stay relaxed. Sauna: Excellent.
Let's talk relaxation! The Pelican Inn Monterey clearly has facilities!
- Fitness center, Gym/fitness: Okay, I didn't actually HIT the gym. But it was there, and from what I saw, it was decent sized.
- Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: The outdoor pool looked fantastic – and had a great view! (Though I opted for a beach walk, which was even better).
Cleanliness & Safety – Feeling Safe, Feeling Secure
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hygiene certification, Rooms sanitized between stays, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: This is reassuring in today's world.
- Cashless payment service: Convenient.
- Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit: Necessary.
- Hand sanitizer: Available everywhere.
- Hot water linen and laundry washing: Necessary.
- Individually-wrapped food options: Smart.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: good.
- Room sanitization opt-out available: I like this option.
- Safe dining setup: good.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Good.
- Shared stationery removed: fine.
- Sterilizing equipment: good.
- Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Fire extinguisher, Smoke detector: Essential.
- CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property: Great.
- Front desk [24-hour]: good.
I felt safe. The hotel clearly takes cleanliness seriously. The staff were masked, they used all the protocols. No horror stories here.
Oh, the Little Extras
- Air conditioning in public area: Great.
- Audio-visual equipment for special events, Indoor venue for special events, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Wi-Fi for special events: Good for groups and events.
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: Great for families.
- **Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities,

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. This is a rough draft of life itself, unfolding at the Pelican Inn in Monterey, CA. Prepare for a bumpy, beautiful, and probably slightly caffeinated ride.
Monterey Mishap: A Pelican Inn Pilgrimage (with a side of chaos)
Day 1: Arrival & Initial Impression (Spoiler Alert: Mild Panic)
1:00 PM: Arrive at Monterey Regional Airport (MRY). Okay, smooth sailing… until I realize I forgot to print out my rental car confirmation. Ugh, I’m the worst. Cue awkward dance with the helpful Hertz attendant, who thankfully pities my frazzled state. Eventually, I'm behind the wheel of… well, a car. A car that smells faintly of stale coffee and regret.
2:00 PM: GPS screams, "You've arrived!" at the Pelican Inn. And it's… charming. Seriously, like a cozy hobbit hole but with a stunning view of the Pacific. Check-in is pleasant, though I realize halfway through unpacking that I've packed approximately zero appropriate shoes. Sandals and hiking boots? Yep. Actual shoes? Nope. This trip is off to a stellar start.
3:00 PM: The room. My room! It's got a fireplace! And THE VIEW. Oh sweet, salty heaven, the ocean is right there. And, I kid you not, a rogue seagull is currently attempting to use my balcony as a personal latrine. Welcome to Monterey, folks.
3:30 PM: I take a walk to the beach with my coffee and I get splashed by a rogue wave. I felt really stupid.
4:00 PM: Time for wine! I've got a bottle of local Pinot Noir, because… Monterey. It’s… okay. Maybe I should have sprung for the Cabernet. Fireplace is lit (victory!), and I'm officially settling in. The sheer comfort of this place is almost overwhelming. I might cry. Happy tears, mind you. Maybe.
6:00 PM: Dinner at a small restaurant I don't trust. The food was too expensive and bland. The service was alright.
8:00 PM: Back to the room. I watch some TV and eat some snacks. The snacks are the only thing that's good.
9:00 PM: I make a call to my mom. She sounded fine but I felt a pang of guilt.
Day 2: Coastal Craze and a Seafood-Fueled Existential Crisis
7:00 AM: Woke up way too early. Jet lag is a cruel mistress. My coffee is bitter. The seagull is back. Maybe I should develop a fondness for it.
8:00 AM: Breakfast at the Pelican Inn. The eggs are fluffy, the coffee still bitter, the view is still spectacular. There is a definite vibe here; a sense of peace that I really need.
9:00 AM: Attempt to stroll along 17-Mile Drive. The scenery is…well it's a postcard. The fees, however, are a bit of a headache. Suddenly I realized I am very alone. I feel lonely.
11:00 AM: Finally, I'm in a cozy shop. I find a book about nothing in particular. After flipping through the pages, I make a quick purchase.
12:00 PM: Lunch at a seafood shack near Fisherman's Wharf. Okay, the chowder? Divine. The crowds? Terrifying. The seagulls? Relentless. I swear one tried to steal my crab cake. I fought it. (Okay, I screamed and flailed my arms dramatically.)
1:00 PM: I went to the aquarium. Okay. I would be lying if I said I wasn't impressed. The jellyfish… hypnotized. And then, I felt a wave of sadness for the creatures in tanks. And a wave of anger at myself for just buying a ticket. Am I a bad person if I enjoy this?
3:00 PM: Back to the room. I am exhausted. I went to the balcony with the coffee and enjoyed the sunset.
5:00 PM: I started writing. I had a lot of things to get off my chest.
7:00 PM: I ordered dinner at a nice restaurant. The food was okay I didn't want to eat. I had a glass of wine.
8:00 PM: I called my friend. My friends are the best.
10:00 PM: Sleep.
Day 3: Heartbreak and the Long Road Home
7:00 AM: Woke up to a cold silence. I'm not feeling good.
7:30 AM: I skipped eating.
8:00 AM: I can't describe how bad I am.
9:00 AM: I checked out and I went to the airport.
11:00 AM: I arrived home.
Final Thoughts:
Monterey. It's a beautiful mess. It's got the ocean, the sunsets, the charming inns, the overpriced restaurants, and the persistent seagull menace. It has me. It's a space that leaves me wanting to be a poet. Was it perfect? Absolutely not. But it was real. And sometimes, that's all you need. Now I can find a new routine, and in time, maybe even write a poem.
Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Luxury at Berghotel Rehlegg, Germany
Welcome to the Messy, Honest, and Occasionally Brilliant FAQ About the Pelican Inn Monterey...
So, what *is* the Pelican Inn like? Is it actually charming?
The location, huh? Is it as good as everyone says?
What's the deal with the rooms? Are they comfortable?
Did you eat there? What about the food?
Is it good for families?
Okay, so should I book it? Give me the hard sell!
Tell me more about the *vibe*. Is it a place for romance?
One specific experience that stays with you?

