Cheese Bonanza in Taiwan: You WON'T Believe This!

Cheese Bon Taiwan

Cheese Bon Taiwan

Cheese Bonanza in Taiwan: You WON'T Believe This!

Cheese Bonanza in Taiwan: You WON'T Believe This! (Seriously, Though)

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from Cheese Bonanza in Taiwan, and… well, let’s just say my expectations were… cheesed. (Sorry, couldn't resist.) This place is a wild ride, a chaotic symphony of cheese-related delights and, yes, even a few… ahemchallenges. Let's get into it, shall we?

First Impressions & Accessibility: The Good, the Slightly Bumpy, and The Elevators (Oh, the Elevators!)

From the moment I arrived, I was hit with… well, let's call it organized chaos. The lobby sprawls, and the check-in process, while they claim to have contactless options, felt like a multi-step dance. They kind of have a dedicated spot for it, but it's… more of a suggestion than a guarantee. (Oh, on that note, they have "Contactless check-in/out." They're trying! Sometimes it works, sometimes not.)

Accessibility: Okay, so, here's where we start getting a little… nuanced. They DO have facilities for disabled guests and an elevator, thank goodness! But navigating the sprawling complex with a wheelchair might be a… leisurely experience. The corridors can feel a bit narrow in places, and signage isn't always crystal clear. I'm not saying it's inaccessible, but if you need ultimate ease of movement, maybe call ahead and double-check specifics.

On-site Restaurants & Lounges: Food Glorious Food (and Drinks!)

Okay, let's talk about the good stuff: the food! Cheese Bonanza is a foodie paradise. I'm not kidding. They've got a ton of options:

  • Restaurants: A la carte? Check. Buffet? Double-Check! Multiple restaurants. Countless cheeses. International cuisines? Yes, and the Asian cuisine? Amazing. They even have a dedicated Vegetarian restaurant, which made my veggie friend (and my stomach) very happy!
  • The Details: They offer Asian breakfast. They offer western breakfast. They've got coffee/tea EVERYWHERE! I spent way too much time in the coffee shop… the desserts? Chef's kiss. This is important: They do a breakfast buffet, and it's HUGE. Like, plan a solid hour there.
  • Drinking Situation: Happy hour is a thing, baby! And a poolside bar?! Yes, please! I spent an embarrassing amount of time there. The service was friendly and the atmosphere was great. And they have a stocked bar, I just can't stress enough.

Rooms: Comfort and Chaos Combined (Like the Cheese, Really)

My room? It was… spacious. Really spacious. They call it "non-smoking," but let's just say the echoes down the hallway might have carried a hint of… something else. (Kidding! Mostly.)

  • The Good Stuff: The bed was comfy. They have air conditioning -- a lifesaver in Taipei humidity. They have free Wi-Fi! You need it. The room had a mini-bar (score!), a desk, a safe & a coffee/tea maker – essential for any traveler, but especially if you're me.
  • The "Meh" Stuff: The decor? A bit… dated. But hey, it's clean. And the free bottled water? Bless their hearts! They keep it coming! And honestly, after all that cheese, a comfy bed is all I really needed.

Things To Do: Relaxation Station & Beyond

This place is about more than just cheese and sleep (although that's a pretty good start!).

  • Chill Zone: They have a pool! A pool with a view! I saw a sauna, a spa, a gym/fitness center, and a full-on spa/sauna setup (with "Body Wrap" and "Body Scrub" on offer – I didn't try those, no regrets!). They've got a steamroom. And a foot bath! I was genuinely impressed by the sheer variety of ways to relax and unwind.
  • For the Energetic: They also have a fitness center. I saw it. I didn't use it. But it's there.
  • Quirky Extras: There's a shrine on the property! A full-on shrine! I found that… unexpectedly charming.

Cleanliness & Safety: Sanitized, But Not Sterile.

Okay, let's be real: I'm a germaphobe, and I'm always nervous when I travel. Cheese Bonanza gets it, apparently.

  • The Plus Points: They've seriously upped their hygiene game. They advertised "Daily disinfection in common areas" and "Anti-viral cleaning products" etc. I saw staff wearing masks and cleaning, and there was hand sanitizer everywhere. They have an open commitment to sanitization, which I appreciated.
  • The Caveat: It's clean enough, but not sterile. Look, it’s a hotel. Stuff happens. I'm being extra picky, but overall, I felt safe and that they cared.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Cheese Avalanche

Okay, let's talk about the real reason you’re going, right? The food. The cheese. The… everything!

  • The Buffet: The breakfast buffet is legendary. I'm talking mountains of pastries, eggs, bacon, cheeses. Yes, more cheese. And, of course, the international and Asian options. The coffee, as I said, is fantastic. And the staff is efficient, and helpful. They have “Safe dining setup!” which is great for the current climate.
  • The Restaurants: They have a variety of restaurants on-site, each with a different vibe and cuisine. I sampled a little bit of everything. The Western food was decent, the Asian food was mind-blowing. They also have a snack bar, which I may or may not have visited several times.
  • Room Service (24-Hour!): This is a game-changer, folks. Need a midnight cheese plate? A late-night slice of cake? They've got you covered.

Services and Conveniences: Everything You Need (Almost)

They cover the basics and more.

  • The Essentials: They have a 24-hour front desk. They have luggage storage, laundry service (which I desperately needed!), and currency exchange. They also offer “facilities for disabled guests” though – as mentioned above – double-check.
  • The Extras: They offer a concierge, business facilities, and even facilities for events, including outdoor and indoor venues.

For the Kids (and the Less Grown-Up Adults):

They’re Family/Child-Friendly! They have babysitting service, and kids meal available.

Getting Around: The Airport Tango

They offer airport transfer! That’s a huge plus.

The Bottom Line and a Cheese-tastic Offer!

Okay, so Cheese Bonanza isn't perfect. It's a little… rough around the edges. But it's also charming, fun, and, most importantly, packed with deliciousness. It's a place where you can relax, indulge, and maybe, just maybe, experience a bit of the unexpected.

My Score: A Solid 4 out of 5 Stars. (Because let's be real, nothing's perfect – especially not after a whole week of cheese.)

Here's the Deal – and Why You Need to Book NOW!

The "Cheese Bonanza Blowout" Package (Use Code: CHEESEADVENTURE)

This package is for the adventurous cheese lover who's not afraid of a little… pizzazz.

  • What You Get:

    • 2 Nights in a Spacious Room: (Did I mention spacious?)
    • Daily Breakfast Buffet: Fuel up for your epic cheese journey!
    • Welcome Cheese Platter & Bottle of Wine: (Because, duh!)
    • One Free Dinner at one of our amazing restaurants
    • 10% Discount on Spa Treatments (because you'll need it after all that cheese!)
    • Late Check-out: (Because, you know, cheese hangover.)
  • Why You Should Book Now:

    • Limited Availability: This offer is only for a short time!
    • Get Ready to Be Amazed: This isn't your average hotel stay.
    • The Cheese Awaits!

Click here! (I wish I could insert a link but seriously. Search for Cheese Bonanza and jump for it!)

Trust me, you won't regret it. Just be prepared to loosen your belt… and maybe pack some Tums.

Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Luxury at Meru Suites, Malaysia

Book Now

Cheese Bon Taiwan

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because you're about to enter my brain – a place just as chaotic and cheese-obsessed as Taiwan supposedly is. Let's plan this trip, shall we? And by "plan," I mean, let's loosely throw together some ideas and see what kind of delicious, cheesy mess we can make of it:

The Great Taiwanese Cheese Bonanza (and Existential Crisis?) - A Travel Itinerary

(Disclaimer: This is subject to change. Like, severely. My moods are fickle. Also, I'm pretty sure I'll get lost at least twice. Prepare for the chaos!)

Day 1: Arrival - Taipei & The Inevitable Jet Lag Tango

  • Morning (or whenever the heck the plane lands): Touchdown in Taipei. Okay, Taipei. Sounds…urban. I hope it doesn't smell too much like exhaust fumes. Immigration. Praying for a kind-faced officer. Passport control always fills me with dread – Am I going to be sent back?! Airport chaos ensues. Currency exchange. Because, money. First mission: find a decent coffee. Preferably with some sort of cheesy pastry on offer. Maybe a gouda croissant? (Dream big, people!)

  • Afternoon: Check into the hotel. Or, well, find the hotel. More lost-ness to come. I swear, Google Maps is my only friend on these adventures. Freshen up. Combat the jet lag with a nap, or I'll become one of those loud, obnoxious tourists. My brain needs at least a little sleep. Then, the real fun begins: a quick, messy walk to the infamous Raohe Street Night Market, known for food, food, and even more food. This is where I'm aiming to have my first real cheese experience - hopefully not something too crazy, but good cheese is good cheese. I'm thinking a grilled cheese sandwich, but I want the cheese to be PERFECT. This is my initial marker and goal for the entire trip.

  • Evening: Stuff my face with everything. Seriously. Everything. Stinky tofu (okay, maybe just a sniff…), oyster omelets, the works! The night market will be a whirlwind. Squealing with delight at the street food. Possibly dropping some food on myself. My internal monologue will be screaming: "Am I REALLY eating this? What even is that?!" But hey, when in Rome, right? Or… Taipei. Same difference?

Day 2: Temples, Tea, and Cheese Dreams

  • Morning: Visit Longshan Temple. Apparently, it's beautiful. I'm not usually a "temple person," but I'll give it a go. Maybe I'll find a moment of zen…or at least a place to people-watch. I'm a sucker for people-watching. The best stories always come from eavesdropping. Plus, I'll need a moment of calm before…

  • Afternoon: Tea ceremony. I've heard the tea culture is incredible in Taiwan. More importantly, I'm picturing the vibes - calm, serene, peaceful. Like, maybe I won't yell at someone for cutting me in line for cheese. I'll need to channel my inner goddess of calm.

  • Evening: The Cheese Quest Begins (Again!). Dinner time. Tonight's target: finding that ultimate cheese experience I've been dreaming of. I'm aiming for restaurants. My heart is set on a place that specializes in cheese fondue. I'm craving the ooey-gooey, cheesy bliss of it all. I'm envisioning dipping warm bread, vegetables, and maybe even some weird Taiwanese delicacies into a pot of melted, delicious cheese. And if I find it? I might ugly cry.

Day 3: Hiking & Cultural Immersion (and the inevitable cheese-related meltdown)

  • Morning: Hike up Elephant Mountain for a panoramic view of Taipei. Hopefully, I won't trip and fall. My coordination isn't the best. The views better be something special to be worth the climb. I'm hoping its worth and also have some time to take it all in.
  • Afternoon: Visit the National Palace Museum. Art and history! This is where I try and be cultured. No promises after such a cheesey past couple of days, but it should be interesting. If all goes well, perhaps I'll start to see everything differently and gain a new appreciation for history and art. I'll try to maintain my newfound calm as the day continues…
  • Evening: This is a make or break. If I find a great cheese place, I'll be in heaven. If I fail, well, the trip will be a disaster. I'll try to find a local restaurant that offers cheese dishes. I'm thinking possibly a Taiwanese twist on a classic cheese dish. Perhaps a cheesy beef noodles soup, or a creative fusion dish.

Day 4: Day Trip to Shifen and Jiufen (Hopeful!)

  • Morning: Take a train to Shifen for the lantern release. Sounds cheesy, I know, but I have to do it. Write a message on a lantern and watch it float into the sky. I swear, I can't. It'll be nice, even if it's cheesy. And possibly tear-inducing.
  • Afternoon: Head to Jiufen, a quaint old town with tea houses and stunning coastal views. I'm hoping it will be more peaceful than I expect. The views should be magnificent, making up for the cheesy lantern release in the morning. Plus, I need to check out some tea houses. Maybe I will find some cheese pastries this time!
  • Evening: Head back to the hotel or to a restaurant that is highly spoken of online. I'll need something delicious and satisfying to make up for the emotional toll the day might have taken on me.

Day 5: Departure - The Bitter Farewell

  • Morning: Final breakfast. Try to eat as much cheese as possible, just in case I never go back. Buy a lot of cheese and take it home.
  • Afternoon: Get to the airport. Pray the flight isn't delayed. Reminisce on the wonderful experiences. Reflect on the mess, the fun, and the cheese. Try to be happy, or just be. Let it all sink in.
  • Evening: Flight back home. Start planning the next trip. Because, let's be honest, I'll need more cheese.

Possible Pitfalls and Ramblings (Because, Honesty):

  • Getting Lost: Guaranteed. I have a terrible sense of direction. Expect frantic calls to Google Maps.
  • Language Barriers: My Mandarin is non-existent. Prepare for a lot of pointing and gesturing.
  • Food Coma: Highly likely. I eat with my eyes.
  • Emotional Rollercoaster: Expect to laugh, cry, and maybe have an existential crisis or two. This is all part of the journey, right?
  • The Cheese Obsession: Be warned, I may or may not be obsessed with cheese. I'm hoping to find the perfect cheese-based dish. If I find the perfect meal, I may never come home.
  • The Daily Struggle: To be present, enjoy the moment, and not to worry about the what-ifs. And to not forget to take a picture.

There you have it. A messy, honest, and possibly disastrous travel itinerary. Now, let's go get cheesy!

Lisbon Luxury: Av. Liberdade Flat - Clean & Safe! ✨

Book Now

Cheese Bon Taiwan

Cheese Bonanza in Taiwan: You WON'T Believe This! ... Seriously! (FAQ-ish thing)

Where To Stay Now

Cheese Bon Taiwan

Cheese Bon Taiwan