
Chongqing's BEST Hotel? Borrman Hotel: Liberation Monument & Hongyadong Views!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the Chongqing whirlwind and the supposed crown jewel: Borrman Hotel: Liberation Monument & Hongyadong Views! Forget the glossy brochure, forget the perfectly staged photos. I'm here to give you the REAL DEAL, the sweaty, slightly jet-lagged truth. I'm not a hotel reviewer, I'm a human who stayed there. And that’s what matters. Deep breaths.
First things first: The Location, Location, Location (and the "Oh Crap, I'm Lost!" Moments)
They say location is key. And Borrman? Nails it. Seriously, amazing. Accessibility: Spot on for exploring Chongqing. The coveted views of the Liberation Monument and Hongyadong? They’re right there. BAM! You literally walk out the door and BOOM, you're in the thick of it. The problem? Chongqing's a city built on a rollercoaster, and sometimes the "short walk" Google Maps promises feels like climbing Mount Everest with a suitcase. Let's just say I got VERY familiar with my phone's offline map. It's not perfectly accessible, mind you. Some side streets are still a minefield for wheelchairs. But the main drag? Solid. Getting around: Airport transfer? Check. Taxi service? Abundant. I even saw a car-charging station. Fancy!
Views that Make You Go "WOW" (and Maybe a Little Dizzy)
Okay, confession. I'm a sucker for a good view. And the promise of Hongyadong cascading down the hillside from my room? SOLD. The reality… was chef's kiss. Seriously, the views were breathtaking. I spent a solid hour just staring out the window, mesmerized by the lights twinkling on the river and the buildings clinging to the cliffside. Pool with View? It's there, folks, and the view's sick as well.
The Room – Home, Sweet, Slightly Disorganized Home
The room? Clean. Rooms sanitized between stays. That was a relief, considering I'd just gotten off a plane where someone coughed for the entire flight. Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Free Wi-Fi, Coffee/tea maker. The basics were nailed. Air conditioning in public area? Yes. Bathroom? Fine. Additional toilet? Nope. Bathtub? Yes, but I didn't use it. Blackout curtains? Thank God! Jet lag is a beast. Interconnecting room(s) available? Probably, but I didn't see it. Laptop workspace? Yeah, desk did the trick. It felt like they'd really thought about the little things that can make a hotel room a little bit more comfortable. And the Complimentary tea was a nice touch. The only issue I had was there wasn’t a specific plug near the bed. But I'm not sure. The Daily housekeeping staff were saints. Like, seriously, angels. I'm a messy traveler.
Food, Glorious Food (And the Time I Ate Too Much Dim Sum)
Chongqing is a foodie paradise. And Borrman? Dining, drinking, and snacking: They've got you covered. Restaurants: multiple. Coffee shop: Check. Snack bar: Yes. Room service [24-hour]? Hallelujah! Especially after a day of exploring (and getting horribly lost). I devoured a mountain of dim sum in the restaurant, and a late-night bowl of noodles in my room. A la carte in restaurant? Yep. Breakfast [buffet]? Massive, chaotic, and glorious. Asian breakfast? Absolutely. Western breakfast? Surprisingly decent. The biggest win? That AMAZING Coffee/tea in restaurant.
Ways to relax
This is where Borrman really shines. Spa? Yep. Spa/sauna? A definite yes. Fitness center? You betcha! Pool with view? Absolutely. The pool was gorgeous. I didn't use the Body scrub or the Body wrap, but they're there, if you're into that. Sauna? Yes. Steamroom? Yes. Foot bath? Unfortunately, no. Gym/fitness Yes. I may have indulged in the Happy hour a little too enthusiastically.
Cleanliness and Safety – Breathe Easy (Mostly)
Okay, let's talk about the elephant in the room: Covid. Borrman hotel has a very clear emphasis on safety. Staff trained in safety protocol. Hand sanitizer everywhere. Daily disinfection in common areas. Rooms sanitized between stays. Anti-viral cleaning products. Individually-wrapped food options. They were taking it seriously - which I appreciated. First aid kit? Of course. Hygiene certification? Likely. Physical distancing of at least 1 meter? They encouraged it. Safe dining setup? Yes. Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. Yes. Sterilizing equipment. Probably, but I didn't see it. Room sanitization opt-out available? Doubt it, but good.
Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter
Concierge? Present and helpful. Doorman? Always there to greet you. Daily housekeeping? See above (they deserve a medal). Laundry service? Yep. Dry cleaning? Also yep. Currency exchange? There. Cash withdrawal? Easy peasy. Luggage storage? Absolutely. Elevator? Essential. Facilities for disabled guests? They had some. Safety deposit boxes? Yup. My experience with the Borrman staff was absolutely positive.
For the Kids
Didn't bring any kids. But they had Babysitting service. Family/child friendly, for sure. Kids facilities? Didn't notice.
Business?
They also had Meetings/banquet facilities, Business facilities, and Projector/LED display.
The Imperfections (Because Nothing's Perfect, People)
Look, Borrman's great. But it ain't flawless. There was that ONE time I tried to navigate the breakfast buffet with my minimal Mandarin skills and ended up with a plate full of… something. Still not sure what it was. It was probably something delicious. And, the internet… it worked. Sometimes. Fine. But that’s the human experience, isn’t it? Also, the Internet access [LAN], was a mystery.
The Offer: Stop Dreaming, Start Experiencing!
Here's the deal. You're scrolling through options, your eyes glazed over, your brain screaming for a vacation. Stop. Right. Now. I'm telling you, the Borrman Hotel in Chongqing is a solid bet. For the location alone, it's worth it. For the views, it's worth it. For the chance to eat ALL the dim sum, it's definitely worth it.
Here's my personal advice and a good offer:
- The "Chongqing Adventure Package:" Book a stay of 3 or more nights and get a free upgrade to a room with a Hongyadong view (subject to availability, of course!), plus a complimentary dim sum tasting for two at the hotel's restaurant.
- The "Spa Day Escape": For stays of any length, use the code "BORRMANSPA" and get 20% off any spa treatment at their amazing spa. You deserve it.
SEO Keywords:
- Borrman Hotel Chongqing
- Chongqing Hotels
- Hongyadong Views Hotel
- Liberation Monument Hotel
- Chongqing Spa Hotel
- Chongqing Best Hotel
- Chongqing Hotel Review
- Chongqing Foodie Hotel
- Chongqing Travel
Don't hesitate. Book a stay. Just embrace the chaos, the amazing food, the city's quirky charm, and the undeniable amazingness of the Borrman Hotel. And hey, if you see me there, buy me a coffee. I owe you one.
Yedamakky Plantations: India's Best-Kept Secret (Unbelievable!)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the chaotic, glorious reality of a trip to the Borrman Hotel near Chongqing's Liberation Monument and Hongyadong. This isn't your perfectly manicured travel brochure; this is me, in all my messy, opinionated glory, documenting the highs, lows, and questionable food choices. Consider it the raw, unfiltered truth.
My Chongqing Craze: A Borrman Beginner's Breakdown
Day 1: Arrival, Jet Lag, and the Jitters
- 6:00 AM (ish): Ugh. The flight finally landed. My internal clock is screaming "NO," but the Chongqing sun is already blazing. First impression? Steamy. Like, "I'm gonna sweat through my clothes in approximately 3 minutes" steamy.
- 7:00 AM: Taxi ride to the Borrman. The driver, bless his heart, spoke approximately two words of English. The rest was a flurry of hand gestures and the exhilarating (and slightly terrifying) experience of navigating Chongqing traffic. I swear, they invented the concept of "lane" in China.
- 8:00 AM: Check-in. The hotel lobby is… well, it's a lobby. Clean, efficient, maybe a little soul-less. But hey, at least the AC is working. I need it. Desperately. The counter staff were friendly enough, but I sensed a bit of a language barrier too. They probably thought I looked insane after the flight.
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Nap time! Jet lag is a cruel mistress. Woke up feeling like I’d been run over by a bus. A very large, very noisy, very… Chinese bus.
- 12:00 PM: Okay, time to actually start the trip. The Liberation Monument. The hotel is right in the heart of it, so it's easy to find. It's… a monument. Big. Tall. Not particularly thrilling, if I'm being honest. But hey, it's a landmark. And the people! The sheer volume of people is mind-boggling. A sea of faces, moving like a slow-motion river. It's both fascinating and slightly overwhelming all at once.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch! Found a tiny hole-in-the-wall place near the monument. Pointed at a picture of something that looked vaguely edible. Turns out, it was some kind of spicy noodle concoction. Delicious! And made my face sweat. A lot. (Maybe I need to lay off the spice for a bit…)
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Wasted a couple of hours wandering aimlessly. Getting lost is a core travel experience, right? I discovered I have a very poor sense of direction.
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Hongyadong! Finally! This is what all the hype is about, and it's stunning. Truly stunning. The multi-layered buildings rising up on the river, all lit up with lanterns. It feels like something out of a Miyazaki film (that’s a good thing!). Took a million pictures. Probably took too many pictures. Now my phone is full.
- 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Dinner at Hongyadong. Found a restaurant with a balcony view. Ordered way too much food. Tried to eat it all. Failed. Did get to see a performance that was happening on the river, which was amazing!
- 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Strolled along the riverfront, basking in the gorgeous night lights. Honestly, this alone was worth the trip.
- 9:00 PM: Back to the hotel. Exhausted but happy. Already feel like I've lived a week.
Day 2: Spicy Adventures and My Stomach's Rebellion
- 8:00 AM: Wake up with the remnants of a questionable noodle dish from the night before. My stomach grumbles in protest. Note to self: Exercise restraint regarding the chili oil.
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. Buffet. Pretty standard stuff, but the coffee is… well, let's just say I'll be sticking to the tea.
- 10:00 AM: Determined to conquer the spicy food scene. Found a local hot pot restaurant. Surrounded by locals, which is always a good sign, right? I mean, usually.
- 11:00 AM: Hot pot time! The heat is almost unbearable. My mouth is on fire. My eyes are watering. I’m sweating like I just ran a marathon. I also can’t stop eating it. It’s addictive! The locals are laughing at me. I probably look like a cartoon.
- 12:00 PM: Regret. Sweet, sweet, fiery regret. My stomach now officially hates me.
- 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Rest. I might have spent the afternoon in bed, nursing my chili-induced misery.
- 4:00 PM: Feeling a little bit better. Decided to try to visit the Ciqikou Ancient Town (which I later realized wasn't exactly close). Another taxi ride, another adventure in traffic.
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Wander around the Ancient Town. It’s all very traditional and picturesque. Like a carefully curated Instagram feed. The crowds are also insane. Ate some street food. Mostly fried things. Probably not the smartest choice, considering my stomach's current state.
- 7:00 PM: Another taxi ride back to the hotel. This time, the driver knew where he was going, which was a relief.
- 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Dinner in the hotel. Playing it safe. Plain noodles and… a banana. Seriously. This is where I am.
- 9:00 PM: Back to the room. Watching bad local TV with the volume off. Trying to plan the next day, but mostly just feeling tired and wanting to sleep.
Day 3: A Bridge Too Far? And Farewell to Chongqing's Chaos
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast, again. At this point, I'm just eating to survive.
- 10:00 AM: Thought about visiting the Three Gorges Museum, but frankly, I'm exhausted.
- 11:00 AM: Decided to be a total tourist and attempt a visit to the Yangtze River Cableway for a touristy view of the city. Long line! And it was hot. But the view from the cable car… wow. Stunning. Worth the wait for a few minutes.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. Found a random place. Actually really enjoyed the food! Maybe my stomach is healing.
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Wandering around the area. Trying to see some of the more local life and not just tourist hotspots.
- 3:00 PM: Time for the airport! I have a flight out. The goodbyes are tough. I might be the only person who has ever wept while leaving a city, but it's done.
- 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Chilling at the airport. Looking at pictures. Already missing that spicy hot pot. And the lights of Hongyadong.
Final Thoughts:
Chongqing is intense. Overwhelming. Beautiful. Delicious. Spicy. Exhausting. Messy. And absolutely unforgettable. The Borrman Hotel? It did its job. It was a clean, comfortable base for exploring. Not fancy, not luxurious, but definitely functional. And the location? Perfect. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Just… maybe pack some antacids next time. And learn a few basic Mandarin phrases. And maybe lay off the chili oil for a little longer. But yes, definitely, I'd go back. I miss it already. This trip? Absolutely worth it.
Escape to Sapporo's Hot Springs Paradise: Unwind at Dormy Inn Premium!
Is The Borrman Hotel REALLY as good as everyone says it is? I mean, Liberation Monument AND Hongyadong views? Come on!
What kind of rooms are available? And are they worth the money?
How's the location? Is it really as convenient as everyone claims?
Breakfast! Is the breakfast buffet any good? I'm a big breakfast person.
The Staff. What's the service like?
Okay, spill. WHAT'S THE ELEVATOR INCIDENT?!
Would you recommend the Borrman Hotel? Considering the elevator incident and, you know, everything?

