
Colorado Springs' BEST Kept Secret: Residence Inn First & Main Review!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! Because we're about to dive headfirst into the so-called "BEST Kept Secret" of Colorado Springs: the Residence Inn First & Main. And let me tell you, after my recent stay… it's not entirely a secret anymore. But hey, maybe this review will help you decide if it's your kind of secret.
First, the Practical Stuff (Yawn, But Necessary)
Let's get the dry stuff out of the way first. 'Cause, you know, we gotta be grown-ups sometimes.
- Accessibility: Right off the bat, HUGE thumbs up. The Residence Inn First & Main is definitely accessible. Lots of wheelchair-friendly features, from ramps and elevators to accessible rooms. (More on that later, because I'm a big fan of their approach).
- Internet: Okay, so, internet. They've got you covered. FREE Wi-Fi in all rooms. (Thank the digital gods!) Plus, you can get internet [LAN], too. (Are people still using that? I guess some still do). Overall, internet services are good.
- Cleanliness & Safety (Important Now!): This area gets a HUGE gold star. They're REALLY on top of things. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Rooms sanitized between stays? Absolutely. Daily disinfection in common areas? Yep. They also have a sanitized kitchen and tableware, individually-wrapped food options, and staff trained in safety protocol. I even saw them using professional-grade sanitizing services. I felt safer there than I do walking around my own damn house. They have the basic first aid kit so, that good.
Getting Down to Brass Tacks: What Actually Matters
Alright, now for the juicy bits. The stuff that makes a hotel a home (or at least a really comfy temporary home).
- Rooms: Spacious! Really, really spacious. I had a studio suite (I think it was the standard one), and it felt more like a mini-apartment than a hotel room. Extra long bed? Yes, please! Separate shower/bathtub? Bliss. They also have air conditioning, blackout curtains (a godsend after a long day of hiking), a refrigerator, a coffee/tea maker, and a desk that actually works. Okay, they provided all the essentials: complimentary tea, free bottled water, towels, and toiletries. And, the slippers! I'm a sucker for the slippers. Oh! and a microwave! You can order food delivery and reheat it at your convenience.
- Dining, Drinking & Snacking: The breakfast buffet is… decent. It's got your basics – eggs, bacon, cereal, fruit. It's not gourmet, but it's free, and it'll get you going. Though, I secretly wished for a vegetarian restaurant or a salad in restaurant. The poolside bar could serve some really cool food. I didn't try the room service [24-hour], because I was too busy exploring the crazy awesome views of the city. You can get a bottle of water at the lobby. Also, a coffee shop! Yay!
- Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Okay, this is where the Residence Inn First & Main really shines. (Or, at least, if you’re a person like me who just wants to chill). They have a swimming pool [outdoor] – heated, and oh-so-inviting. There’s a fitness center (which I briefly glanced at while en route to the pool). The pool with a view is honestly beautiful. They do have some good ways to relax.
My Unexpected Aha! Moment: The Wheelchair Accessible Experience
Here’s the thing that really impressed me. My grandmother uses a wheelchair. When I was checking in, I was chatting with the front desk, saying how important it is to me that a hotel is accessible. The front desk were really good and friendly. They're good at what they do. And I made a comment about the accessibility because I was impressed.
They asked me about my grandma, and then asked if I had any questions about accessibility. They volunteered to let me know everything about her accessibility. They offered many suggestions that really made me happy.
I thought about it. And realized how many people in this world have accessibility needs. This had me thinking about my grandma.
It was a moment of truly connecting with the hotel's focus on inclusivity, and I was very impressed.
The Quirks, The Flaws, The Honestly Human Stuff
Because no place is perfect, and frankly, I don't want perfect.
- The breakfast area can get a little crowded at peak times. They could use a slightly bigger space.
- The parking is free and plentiful, but it can be a bit of a walk from some rooms. A small price to pay, really.
- The mini-bar was… a little sparse. (But hey, that's what the convenience store across the street is for, right?)
The Verdict: Is This Secret Worth Unveiling?
Absolutely. The Residence Inn First & Main is a fantastic option for anyone visiting Colorado Springs. It's especially amazing if you value space, cleanliness, accessibility, and a relaxed atmosphere. It's NOT just a room; it's an experience. A place where you feel genuinely welcome.
My Personal Anecdote, Because Why Not?
So, I was there, I had a day to spare after a work event, and was feeling a bit glum. I sat by the pool. The sun was going down. The view of the mountains was just so breathtaking. And then I thought, you can't be in a bad move at this place. I felt really, really good.
The Ultimate Offer (Because I'm a Marketer at Heart)
Stop Scrolling! Colorado Springs' BEST Kept Secret Awaits!
Tired of cramped hotel rooms and cookie-cutter experiences? Crave space, comfort, and a touch of Colorado Springs charm?
Book your stay at the Residence Inn First & Main today and unlock:
- Spacious, well-appointed suites that feel like home.
- FREE Wi-Fi to stay connected and get work done.
- Delicious breakfast to fuel your adventures.
- A sparkling outdoor pool with the most awesome views.
- Unbeatable value and a personalized experience.
SPECIAL OFFER: Book your stay this week and receive a complimentary upgrade to a suite with a balcony! (Limited availability, so don't delay!)
Click here to book your Colorado Springs escape BEFORE the secret gets out! (Or at least, before everyone else reads this review).
P.S. Don't forget to pack your swimsuit! And maybe some snacks. Because, well, snacks are always a good idea.
Gangnam Style: Uncover the Secrets of Hotel ENTRA's Luxury
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your boring, clinically-sterile travel plan. This is me, battling jet lag, questionable breakfast choices, and the sheer glorious mess of trying to pretend I’m organized. We're talking Residence Inn by Marriott Colorado Springs First & Main. Don't judge me if I wander off on tangents, okay? My brain does that. It's a feature, not a bug.
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Colorado Springs "Meh"
- 5:00 AM (Mountain Time): Ugh. The eternal struggle. Awake, despite my determined attempt at a solid 8 hours of sleep. Flight was… well, it was a flight. People are the worst, but I did get to watch two movies! That's a win in my book.
- 7:00 AM: Landed in Colorado Springs. The air is thin. I feel like a goldfish gasping for breath in an improperly filled bowl.
- 7:30 AM: Car rental… okay, the rental agency. They're… fine. Standard issue. The car, a surprisingly clean Hyundai Tuscon, feels like a betrayal of my usual jalopy-inclined existence. I might actually enjoy driving this. Don't tell anyone.
- 8:30 AM: Checked in to the Residence Inn. It's…fine. Rooms are the same color as lukewarm oatmeal. Free Wi-Fi, though! Score. I'm easily pleased. My room is thankfully on the third floor. So I can look down on the small details…
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. Free. Emphasis on free. The "scrambled eggs" look suspiciously yellow and require some willpower to ingest. The coffee, however, is strong enough to raise the dead. I make a strategic retreat to the room and get my life in order.
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Okay, I’m supposed to work… I have a bunch of work to do, or things to look at. Nope, not today. The mountains are calling. I have zero desire to get any work done. I'm going to go on a walk.
- 12:00 PM: The walk was great, but exhausting. Lunch is at an all-American diner called "Good Day Cafe." The portions are huge! I ordered the chicken fried steak. I can barely breathe. It was great. My biggest fear is that I'm going to fall asleep at any given moment.
- 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Nap time. I deserve it.
- 5:00 PM: Wandering around the hotel. I find a laundry room. No chance I'm doing laundry.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner. I had no idea what was around. Ended up getting some pizza at the hotel. It was great.
- 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM: Honestly, just crashed. The food coma hit hard. Watched some mindless television. Feeling absolutely spent.
Day 2: Garden of the Gods & Pikes Peak – A Tale of Two Heights (Literally and Figuratively)
- 7:00 AM: The breakfast buffet again. I'm starting to suspect the "eggs" are actually a government conspiracy. Still, at least there's coffee.
- 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Garden of the Gods! Okay, this is actually incredible. The red rock formations are stunning. I'm like a little kid, just pointing and going "WOW!" So many people. I spent the whole time trying to get the "perfect" photo, and failing.
- 12:00 PM: Picnic lunch. Got some sandwiches and drinks.
- 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Pikes Peak. Oh boy. I'm no mountain climber. The drive up is intense. Switchbacks, sheer drops, and the ever-present feeling that my brakes might decide to take an unscheduled vacation. The peak is beautiful, it's the most beautiful thing I've seen so far. I just felt extremely tired, and slightly nauseous. But it's amazing, and then, as I was walking towards the car, I started to cry. Seriously, I don't know why. Mountain air, I guess?
- 6:00 PM: Dinner at a local diner.
- 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM: Went back to my hotel room. Watched some more TV. Sleep, sleep, sleep. Maybe I should have an early night tonight.
- 10:00 PM: Asleep. Bliss.
Day 3: The Rundown- Day of Rest
- 7:00 AM: The eggs. I'm starting to think of starting my own review website, just to describe the eggs.
- 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Rest day. I've been so tired, I'm gonna just keep it simple today.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at a Mexican restaurant near the hotel. It was good.
- 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Reading and writing.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner.
Day 4: Packing and Departure
- 7:00 AM: The eggs. I'm starting to think of starting my own business, just to describe the eggs.
- 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Packing. My bag weights like a small car.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch.
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Checking out and heading to the airport.
- 3:00PM: Arriving at the airport.
- 6:00 PM: Take Off.
Let's be real, travel is messy. It's chaotic, and sometimes, it involves questionable breakfast choices and unexpected emotional breakdowns on mountaintops. But it's also amazing. And hopefully, this jumbled mess of a schedule gave you a taste of what it's really like. Now get out there and be human, people! Make your own mess. You won't regret it.
Shenzhen Luxury: Lanz Shekou Hotel's Unbelievable Amenities!
Residence Inn First & Main: Colorado Springs' "Best Kept Secret"?! (Or Is It?) - My Completely Unfiltered Review & FAQs
Okay, spill the tea! Is the Residence Inn First & Main REALLY a "best kept secret" like people say?
Tell me about the breakfast. Because breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right?
The Rooms: Are they really as spacious as people say? And can I actually work in them?
What's the deal with the location? Is it REALLY convenient?
Are there any extras, like a pool or a gym?
Tell me about the downsides. Because everything has them. Be honest!

