
Ubud's BEST Kept Secret? This Private Pool Villa Will BLOW You Away!
Ubud's BEST Kept Secret? Oh. My. God. This Private Pool Villa Will BLOW You Away! (A Review, With Some Rambling)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to tell you about a place in Ubud that’s going to make you question everything you thought you knew about paradise. Forget crowded tourist traps and Instagram-perfect (read: staged) shots. This, my friends, is the real deal. Let’s get messy with this review, shall we? Because let’s be honest, perfection is BORING.
The Lowdown, The Real Truth, No Filter:
The villa's name they don’t explicitly mention. I’m respecting their secret (it's part of the allure!), but let's just say if you do your research after this review, you'll find it and you'll wanna check it off your list.
Accessibility (and My Clumsiness): Listen, I’m not exactly a ninja when it comes to navigating things. I trip over air. So the elevator and accessible routes? HUGE plus. No treacherous steps to navigate after one too many Bintangs is a beautiful thing. Now, I can't personally vouch for wheelchair accessibility in every nook and cranny – best to double-check with the hotel – but I know they try hard, from my observation.
Cleanliness and Safety (Because COVID Still Exists, Sadly): Okay, this place is obsessed with cleanliness, which is incredibly reassuring. Seeing the daily disinfection of common areas, the anti-viral cleaning products, and the trained staff? Yeah, that's a win. They offered room sanitization opt-out, which I appreciated. It's all about feeling safe and pampered. And that’s what you want on a vacation.
Internet (Because We’re Addicted): Free Wi-Fi in All Rooms! Bless them. Plus, they have LAN. My laptop and I made friends quickly. This is crucial for actually being able to work if you have to. But let's be honest, when you finally get here, you won't want to work. You'll want to soak it all in.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (Food, glorious food!): Okay, first, the breakfast. Oh. Em. Gee. Forget the usual hotel buffet slop. The Asian breakfast changed my life. I'm talking fresh fruit, fragrant curries, and enough strong coffee to get you through a whole day of… well, doing absolutely nothing but enjoying yourself. They offer options for my vegetarian friends. The restaurants are fantastic. I recommend the A la carte in restaurant! The Poolside bar is heavenly. Sipping a cocktail in my swimsuit, watching the sunset? Perfection. They even have a happy hour! I definitely partook. The coffee shop is great for a quick caffeine fix or some tasty desserts. And… room service [24-hour]! Enough said.
Side note: I was a little skeptical about the individually-wrapped food options initially, but honestly, it meant everything felt super clean and safe. And the safe dining setup gives you a peace of mind.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax (The Real Reason We’re Here):
- The Pool. Oh, the pool. It’s not just a pool; it's a view with a pool. The photos don’t do it justice. You'll spend hours here, I swear. Sunsets are the best.
- Spa. Spa/Sauna. Yes, to massage. Yes, to Body scrub and Body wrap. The sauna and steamroom?! Don’t even get me started. I opted for the couple's massage, and I swear I nearly levitated with joy.
- Gym/Fitness. Okay, I peeked in. I’m not a gym person, but it's there, and it was clean, and I’m sure it made someone happy.
- Ways to Relax: This whole villa is devoted to relaxation. Seriously, you can wake-up service, sleep in a soundproof room, and drift to sleep with the blackout curtains. Everything is centered around having you do as little as possible.
Services and Conveniences (The Little Things that Matter):
- Daily housekeeping. Daily housekeeping made my life even better.
- Concierge. They helped me book excursions and were generally awesome.
- Cash withdrawal and currency exchange. Super useful.
- Babysitting service. Though I don't have one, good to know for you parents!
For The Kids (If You Must Bring Them):
- Family-friendly. The kids had their own little space to run around and play. Kids meals are available, too!
Rooms (Where the Magic Happens):
Okay, let’s talk about the rooms. It’s not just a room; it's a private oasis. I'm talking:
- Air conditioning (essential in Bali).
- Bathrobes and slippers. I basically lived in them.
- Coffee/tea maker – vital for those early mornings.
- Extra long bed.
- Mini bar (duh).
- In-room safe box.
- Satellite/cable channels.
- Separate shower/bathtub.
- Wake-up service (I needed this, even with the alarm clock).
- Wi-Fi [free].
- Window that opens.
Okay, this might sound a bit much but the reality is – I didn’t want to leave.
(And the Imperfections?)
Look, no place is perfect. I honestly struggled to find something to complain about. Maybe the lighting in the bathroom could be a teeny bit brighter? But really, I'm grasping at straws. And maybe the road in is a little… well, bumpy. But hey, that's part of the adventure, right?
Accessibility Notes: If you have specific needs, CALL THEM. Don't just rely on the photos. But the ramps/elevators were a huge plus.
Final Verdict: Book This Villa. Now.
Honestly, you deserve this. You've been working hard, you've been stressed, you need to escape. This villa offers everything you need to completely unwind, recharge, and reconnect with yourself (or your loved ones). It's the perfect blend of luxury, privacy, and authentic Balinese charm. And YES, I would go back in a heartbeat.
Why You Should Book This Villa THIS INSTANT
Here’s the deal: Forget the usual hotel deals. This is an investment in your sanity. This villa is a sanctuary. It's a place where you can:
- Lose yourself in the pool, overlooking the rice paddies. The view is just breathtaking.
- Get slathered in lotions and potions at the spa.
- Eat until you burst. The food is divine.
- Just… be. Unplug, unwind, and forget about the world outside.
Special Offer (Because I Loved It So Much):
Book your stay within the next week and receive a complimentary Balinese massage for two! (This is just my fantasy offer, I can't actually give you that, but I REALLY hope the hotel does something similar).
Trust me, this place is a secret worth keeping. But I just had to let you in on it.
SEO Keywords (because I want you to find this amazing place too):
- Ubud Villas
- Private Pool Villa Ubud
- Luxury Ubud Accommodation
- Bali Spa Retreat
- Ubud Romantic Getaway
- Ubud Family-Friendly Villa
- Ubud Hotel Review
- Bali Villa with Pool
- Ubud Best Kept Secret (because it kind of is!)
- Ubud Honeymoon
- Ubud Things to do

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into my Ubud Mesari Private Pool Villa 101 adventure. Forget your perfectly curated Instagram feeds, because this is real life – messy, sweaty, and utterly glorious. Here's the actual itinerary, peppered with my internal monologue, questionable decisions, and the occasional existential crisis fueled by Balinese coffee.
Day 1: Arrival, Jet Lag, and the Quest for the Perfect Infinity Pool Instagram
10:00 AM (ish) - Arrival at Denpasar Airport (DPS). Jesus Christ, the humidity hits you like a wet blanket the second you step outside. Seriously, my hair starts to frizz, my makeup melts… I look like a swamp creature barely clinging to reality. The visa process? A blur of smiling officials and the vague feeling I’m being slightly overcharged for… everything.
11:30 AM - Private Transfer to Mesari Villas. Okay, the car is air-conditioned. That's a win. The drive? Winding roads, lush rice paddies, and a constant stream of motorbikes defying gravity. I spend half the trip desperately trying to maintain eye contact with the driver, convinced he's about to take us off a cliff.
1:00 PM - Check-in and Villa Reveal! HOLY. FREAKING. MOLY. The pictures didn't lie. The villa is beyond stunning. The infinity pool is… well, infinity-ing. I immediately drop my bags and sprint towards it, camera in hand. First impressions: Total, utter, blissful… jet lag. Oh yeah, and I can't get the perfect angle for the 'gram. The sun is too harsh! The reflection is too… reflective! Fifteen minutes later, and I'm already sweating, frustrated, and wondering if I should just give up on social media entirely.
1:30 PM - Lunch at the Villa - Ordered Nasi Goreng and a Bintang (or three!). The Nasi Goreng is magnificent! So simple, so flavorful. I devour it like I haven't eaten in a week. Bintang? Well, that's essential fuel for the afternoon. Cheers to that!
3:00 PM - The Infinity Pool Struggle (and Victory!). After much trial and error (and a growing pile of discarded phone cases), I FINALLY get a decent pool photo. Success! Now, to actually enjoy the pool. Spend the rest of the afternoon floating, reading (and occasionally dropping the book in the water), and feeling the sweet, sweet peace of… well, until the next mosquito bite.
7:00 PM - Dinner at a Local Warung - Wayan's Warung. My first foray into Ubud's food scene. Wayan is incredibly warm and serves the most delicious Gado-Gado. The portions are huge! More Bintang, more laughter (and maybe a little bit of spicy regret the next morning).
9:00 PM - Sleep. Collapsed into bed. Thank god. The jet lag finally wins.
Day 2: Temples, Monkeys, and a Massage that Changed My Life (Maybe)
8:00 AM - Wake up to an incredible breakfast prepared by the villa staff. Pancakes, fruit, coffee, and a view of the pool that still manages to make me gasp.
9:30 AM - Visit to Tirta Empul Temple. Now, this is where things get real. This is where the spiritual stuff starts. The temple is beautiful. The water is… cold. The ritual cleansing? Intense. It felt somehow disrespectful to watch everyone do the ritual from afar, so I decide to join in, and I'm so glad I did. The cold water wakes you up, and the whole experience is calming. I am not a spiritual guru, but if feels awesome.
11:30 AM - Ubud Monkey Forest. "Oh, monkeys!" I thought. How wrong I was. These aren't cute, cuddly primates. These are tiny, agile bandits with a penchant for snatching your sunglasses. I am in a constant state of alert. One almost stole my water bottle. I end up spending more time protecting my belongings than actually enjoying the monkeys. It's exhilarating and terrifying at the same time. Definitely not forgetting that experience.
1:00 PM - Lunch at a Vegan Cafe. Okay, post-monkey-forest recovery time. I opt for a cafe with an abundance of fresh juices. I am so glad I went vegan for lunch.
3:00 PM - The Massage of the Gods. Okay, friends. This is where everything changed. I booked a two-hour Balinese massage in the villa. The masseuse? A tiny woman with hands of STEEL. I'm pretty sure she unearthed muscles I didn't even know I had. By the end, I was practically a puddle of bliss. My shoulders finally down, and my stress and exhaustion disappearing. I nearly cried. Seriously, best massage ever. I'm going to spend the rest of my days chasing this high.
5:30 PM - Sunset over the Rice Paddies. A slow, easy walk through the rice paddies for sunset. I was getting my peace and quiet. It was almost perfect.
7:00 PM - Dinner at Locavore (if I could get a reservation…). Turns out, Locavore is booked solid for the month. No problem, I find an intimate restaurant that provides a delicious meal.
9:00 PM - More sleep!
Day 3: Cooking Class, Art, and a Slight Breakdown
9:00 AM - Balinese Cooking Class. Now, this is my kind of activity. I'm obsessed with cooking, so to learn the recipes of the local cuisine has my full attention. I’m a disaster in the kitchen, but the teachers are incredibly patient. By the end, I've managed to create a decent Rendang. Feeling very proud of myself. I'm also convinced I could open my own warung… if I could just remember the recipes…
12:00 PM - Lunch - Food from the cooking class. The fruits of our labor! The Rendang is delicious, even if I did nearly set the kitchen on fire.
1:30 PM - Visit to the Ubud Art Market. Colourful textiles, wood carvings, and the constant barrage of "Hello, mister! You buy?" It's overwhelming. I'm torn between wanting to haggle aggressively and wanting to buy everything. I end up buying a hand-painted fan. It’s beautiful, but I’m pretty sure I overpaid.
3:00 PM - Artistic Exploration (or Attempt to Find Mindfulness).. I try to take a painting class. I had my hopes up. What I produced was more of a Jackson Pollock, but with less talent and more charcoal smudges. Followed by a quick self-reflection. I am not an artist. I don't know how to manage my expectations. Maybe this journey isn't for me?
5:00 PM - Solo Pool Time and the Breakdown. The sun is setting. I'm alone with my thoughts. I'm suddenly overwhelmed by… everything. The travel, the pressure to have a perfect trip, the FOMO. I have a mini-meltdown in the pool. Tears, snot, the works. It passes. It always does.
7:00 PM - Dinner at a Hidden Gem Warung found by a local. Okay, back to the basics.
9:00 PM - Sleep… and maybe a midnight snack of leftover Nasi Goreng.
Day 4: Departure
9:00 AM - Last swim, last gasp of fresh air. This sucks. I am not ready to go.
10:00 AM - Check out of the villa. I feel sad to leave. I'm really going to miss it.
11:00 AM - Shopping for the final things. I try to make the most of the last minutes.
12:00 PM - Lunch at the airport.
1:00 PM - Departure.
This trip? Flawed, imperfect, and utterly unforgettable. And honestly? That's the best kind. The kind of trip that stays with you long after you’ve unpacked your suitcase (and washed the sand out of your hair). Next stop? Who knows! But I'm ready. And the next time around, I'm buying more sunscreen.
Escape to Paradise: Agriturismo D'Apostolo, Italy Awaits
Ubud's BEST Kept Secret? This Private Pool Villa Will BLOW You Away! (Or Will It?) - A Messy FAQ
Okay, spill the beans! Where *exactly* is this 'secret' paradise? And how hard is it to get there?
Alright, alright, don't get your sarongs in a twist! It's in Ubud, obviously, or else I'd be writing about a secret beach in Iceland (which, by the way, is on my bucket list… brrr, I'm already shivering!). Seriously though, it's in the quieter reaches of Ubud, away from the scooter-swarm that is Monkey Forest Road. Think lush rice paddies framing a secret driveway kind of vibe. The exact name... well, I'm tempted to keep it a secret for myself, but let's just say, finding it feels like stumbling upon a hidden oasis.
Getting there? Depends. If you arrive at the airport, you can arrange a driver, and they will get you right there. It's easy peasy. Now, if you're like me, and you're used to using Google Maps, you will get lost, a lot. I'm terrible at navigation, and even with GPS, I ended up on a back road with a goat giving me the stink eye. So, yeah, factor in some extra time for getting gloriously, wonderfully, hilariously lost. It adds to the adventure, right? (Don’t laugh at me!)
The pool - THE pool! What's the deal? Is it Instagram-worthy? (Because, priorities.)
Oh, the pool. *Takes a dramatic pause and closes eyes remembering the feeling of warm water.* Yes. Yes, it's Instagrammable. Beyond Instagrammable. Think infinity edge, overlooking a valley... or maybe it was just a very well-maintained garden, I don't remember! My memory is a bit hazy because I was drinking Bintang and floating. (Don't judge, it’s Bali!). It's not just a pool; it's an *experience*. The water… it was the perfect temperature, like a warm hug on a humid day. I swear, I spent half my holiday just *in* that water. Just bobbing, thinking… about not having to do anything. Pure bliss. Also, the lighting at night… *chef's kiss*. Pure magic for those sunset shots.
Okay, there was ONE hiccup. One tiny, insignificant insect incident when I took a swan dive and swallowed a beetle. (Not glamorous. But hey, it happens.) I'll spare you the visual details, but let's just say I learned a valuable lesson about checking the water *before* doing a cannonball.
Describe the Villa itself! Is it all luxury and chrome, or is there actual charm?
It's definitely leaning towards charm, and I am here for it! It's not the sterile, cookie-cutter luxury you find in some places. Think polished concrete floors (perfect for dancing barefoot), gorgeous wooden accents everywhere (hello, Bali vibes!), and a vibe that screams, "Relax, you beautiful human." It's got a kitchen, which is great if you're a chef (I'm not, unless microwaving counts).
The bathroom… *shudders with delight*. Outdoor shower! Basically, you're showering under the stars, surrounded by greenery. I felt like a goddess. Or a particularly pampered rain forest creature. Either way, amazing. I'm not gonna lie, though, the biggest surprise was the... the… well, the *lack* of a TV. Initially a shock. I love my trash and my reality tv. But do you know what? I barely missed the flickering screen! I was too busy being present, listening to the jungle sounds, and staring into the infinite pool. It forced me to... *gasp*… unplug. And it was kinda wonderful. Yeah. Okay, I can admit it. I felt relaxed. I got some serious spa days out of it!
Speaking of which, did the staff take good care of you?
Oh my goodness, yes! The staff were absolutely lovely. Warm, friendly, and incredibly helpful. They were like secret little fairies, appearing to tidy up and bring breakfast without you even noticing (I might have been sleeping most of the time). They went above and beyond! I requested some fruit, and *bam!* - giant platter of tropical goodness. And when I locked myself out on the balcony (again, don't judge my spatial awareness), they were there in a flash to rescue me (and probably stifle their laughter). They even helped me order some lunch that I had no idea how to pronounce, and it was delicious. They’re the reason why I love Bali!
I'm a picky eater! What's the food situation like? Breakfast, lunch, dinner... tell me everything!
Okay, fellow foodies, listen up! Breakfast was included. And it was good! Think fresh fruit, eggs, pancakes, toast...you name it, it's there! They also catered to any dietary requirements. I kept going back for more. I got the munchies, okay? I blame the relaxing atmosphere.
For lunch and dinner, you have options. You can cook at the villa, order in (which I did, multiple times), or venture out and explore the Ubud food scene. I attempted that a few times. Again, navigating the scooter was an adventure. Eventually, I stuck to delicious, warung food, and the food from the villa! So many choices! You can order anything. And they always have it available!
The Cost? Is this for rich people, or can a regular traveler like me aspire to this?
Okay, the MOST important question! And honestly, it depends what you call "regular". It's not *budget* backpacker territory, I will warn you. But if you're willing to save a little, this is far more attainable than, say, a private island. Think of it as an investment in your sanity, your happiness, your... well-being. You pay for the relaxation and the luxury, but when you look at the peace and quiet, it's totally worth it. If you are looking for a trip of a lifetime, I would look at your savings, pull the trigger, and get it. It is a total investment, and for me. It was so worth it.
What was the most annoying thing about this villa? Be honest (or at least, try!)
Okay, here’s the harsh truth: I ran out of clean underwear. And no, it had nothing to do with the villa! Just my poor planning skills, and my reluctance to do laundry when I could be in the pool. The villa actually gave you options. I even had a laundry bag. It’s my fault.

