
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Hotel Metropolitan Akita's Hidden Gems!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because you're in for a REAL review of the Hotel Metropolitan Akita! Forget polished travel brochures; this is the raw, unfiltered truth, laced with my own (slightly chaotic) experiences. And trust me, just because I’m going to give you the real deal doesn't mean I’m not gonna call you to book a room. Let's get messy!
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Hotel Metropolitan Akita's Hidden Gems! (The Real Dirt)
So, you're thinking Akita, huh? Japan. Wonderful choice! And if you wanna do it right, really do it right, you've probably stumbled upon the Hotel Metropolitan Akita. And let me tell you, the glossy photos? They don't even begin to scratch the surface. It’s more than just a hotel; it's an experience. Now, I’m not perfect, and neither is this review, so bear with me, but trust me, you'll want to know the ins and outs, even the slightly embarrassing bits.
Accessibility: Navigating the Welcome Mat (and Everything Else!)
Okay, first things first: Accessibility. HUGE thumbs up! The hotel is generally pretty freaking good. They've clearly thought about it. Elevators? Check. Wide hallways? DOUBLE check. I even spotted a ramp leading into the main entrance. Now, I don't personally require a wheelchair, but seeing the effort they put in made me feel like they understand the importance of inclusive travel. Seriously, it makes the whole place feel welcoming.
On-Site Accessible Restaurants/Lounges
I can't give you an exact play-by-play on every single restaurant and lounge, but I did see that spaces are generally roomy and well-laid out. The important point? They seem to prioritize accessibility. This is a huge win. I'm talking about a place where anyone can walk the halls, eat, and drink without having to worry about a bad hotel run.
Wheelchair Accessible Rooms & Facilities
I didn’t stay in one, but knowing the emphasis on accessibility throughout the hotel, and that they have rooms designed this way, I'm confident they’re likely top-notch. I saw the wide halls and the thoughtful design. It's a big green flag if you require it.
Internet Access (Because We Need to Brag About Our Trip on the 'Gram!)
Alright, let’s talk internet. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Score! And it's actually good Wi-Fi. I'm talking streaming Netflix without buffering good. No agonizing over a slow connection, which is vital because, let's be honest, we all need to share our hotel room pics on Instagram. Seriously, the internet [LAN] was fast, stable. They also advertised Internet services and Wi-Fi in public areas so chances are it works.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax (Ahhh, Self-Care!)
Okay, this is where the Metropolitan Akita truly shines. It isn’t just a stopover; it's a destination in itself.
Spa/Sauna: Okay, let me be dramatic for a moment. The spa. The sauna. Oh. My. Goodness. I spent a whole afternoon in there. And I kid you not, it felt like I'd shed a year's worth of stress. The sauna was perfectly hot, just right, not the dry, scratchy kind, then there was a gentle steamroom. Glorious. And the spa? Absolutely heavenly. I got a massage, and I seriously considered moving in. I didn’t try the body scrub or body wrap, but I heard amazing things. The foot bath was unexpected, but a really lovely touch too. This became my daily routine.
Swimming Pool: This hotel boasts a pool with a view! The views are spectacular; I watched the sun set while I enjoyed the pool. It's gorgeous, a genuine moment of zen. The swimming pool [outdoor] is great when the weather is nice, but I spent most of my time indoors, in the bliss of the spa.
Fitness Center: Now, I'm not a gym rat, but even I was impressed by the fitness center. It looked well-equipped, with everything from treadmills to weight machines. If you're into that sort of thing (unlike me), you're in luck.
Cleanliness and Safety: Because, You Know, We're Living in Times
Right, let’s get down to brass tacks. How clean is it? Let me reassure you, they are serious about hygiene.
- Anti-viral cleaning products: Check.
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Check.
- Individually-wrapped food options: Check.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Seems to be enforced.
- Professional-grade sanitizing services: Confirmed.
- Room sanitization opt-out available: Yes!
- Safe dining setup: Absolutely.
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: You bet.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: 100% Yes!
- Sterilizing equipment: Probably. They work so hard on this.
And you know what? It felt safe. I never once felt like I was taking a health risk. They are really doing what they can. They have Hand sanitizer everywhere.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (Feed Me, Seymour!)
This is where it gets tricky. You've got options, loads of options.
- Breakfast [buffet]: Breakfast is a buffet. I'm not usually a buffet person, but this was amazing. My biggest problem was the food was so good that I overate every single day.
- Restaurants: multiple restaurants.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop: There's a great coffee shop in the hotel.
- Bar: the bar is great for an evening drink.
- Asian Cuisine: The hotel has Asian cuisine.
- Desserts in restaurant: Obviously!
- Room service [24-hour]: Perfect after a long day in the spa.
- Snack bar: Perfect for late-night cravings.
The Flaws? (Because Nothing is Perfect!)
Alright, time for a little venting. The Metropolitan is pretty darn good, but it isn't perfect.
- Price: It is a bit pricey. But honestly, for the level of luxury and the amazing spa, you get what you pay for.
- My Bank Account: I spent way too much. I feel guilty!
Services and Conveniences (They Thought of Everything!)
They go above and beyond. Seriously.
- Cash withdrawal: Yes
- Concierge: Very helpful!
- Daily housekeeping: Beautiful rooms cleaned every day.
- Elevator: Essential.
- Gift/souvenir shop: Great for presents (or yourself!).
- Ironing service: Yup.
- Laundry service: Yup.
- Luggage storage: Check.
- Safety deposit boxes: Yes.
- Taxi service: Easy to get.
For the Kids (Family Friendly Fun!)
I haven’t got kids, but I saw lots of other families there.
- Babysitting service: Available
- Family/child friendly: Seems to be.
- Kids meal: I imagine so.
- Other useful things, such as CCTV in common areas, Fire extinguisher, Non-smoking rooms And more are on hand.
Available in All Rooms (The Nitty Gritty)
- Air conditioning: Always.
- Air conditioning: Always.
- Bathtub: Nice!
- Blackout curtains: Essential
- Complimentary tea: Yes.
- Hair dryer: Always.
- In-room safe box: Yup.
- Internet access – wireless: Reliable
- Mini bar: Yup.
- Non-smoking: Nice.
- On-demand movies: Great!
- Separate shower/bathtub: Nice.
- Wi-Fi [free]: Excellent!
The Verdict?
The Hotel Metropolitan Akita? Bloody brilliant. It's a luxurious, comfortable, and frankly, pampering experience. I can’t stop thinking about that spa. It’s a splurge, yeah, but worth every yen for the sheer, unadulterated bliss.
My Unsolicited Advice: Book it. Now. Before I go back and hog all the spa time.
A Compelling Offer: Your Escape to Unbelievable Luxury
Tired of the Ordinary? Craving an Unforgettable Escape?
Listen up, because you deserve it. You deserve a break. You deserve to be spoiled rotten. And you deserve to experience the magic of the Hotel Metropolitan Akita.
Here's What You Get When You Book Now:
- Unrivaled Relaxation: Melt your stress away

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's perfectly-formatted travel itinerary. We're plunging headfirst into the glorious, messy, beautiful chaos that IS travel, specifically, in Akita, Japan, with Hotel Metropolitan as our (sometimes shaky) anchor.
The Akita Adventure: A Rambling, Emotional Odyssey (AKA, My Trip)
Day 1: Arrival, Mild Panic, and Ramen Redemption
4:00 PM: Landed & Luggage Lunacy. Narita Airport – big, beautiful, and already giving me anxiety. Finding the right train to Akita? A Herculean task, I swear. My Japanese is… well, let's just say it involves a lot of hand gestures and hopeful smiles. Managed it, though! Victory, slightly tarnished by the fact I nearly left my favorite scarf (sentimental value, not practicality, people) on the train. Luckily, I realized before we pulled away from the station. Close call.
6:00 PM: Check-in at Hotel Metropolitan Akita (Finally!). Gorgeous lobby. Checked in easily, the front desk staff were incredibly patient with my fumbling attempts at polite bowing and speaking. Honestly, after the train ordeal, the smooth check-in was a small miracle. Room is small, as expected, but CLEAN. Seriously, sparkling. I can already feel the stress melting away.
7:00 PM: First Meal - Ramen Emergency. Immediately after dropped my bags, must find ramen. Ramen is life. Found a tiny, hole-in-the-wall place a few blocks from the hotel. The aroma! Divine. The woman behind the counter (who, I'm convinced, had seen it all) barely batted an eye at my attempts with chopsticks. The ramen? Heaven. Absolutely, unapologetically heaven. The broth – rich, savory, and practically singing on my taste buds. I felt like I'd found my soul mate, in noodle form. This is what Japan is all about, right? Ignoring jet lag and diving headfirst into deliciousness. Mmmmmm… ramen.
8:30 PM: A Walk (and a slight existential crisis). Strolled around Akita Station area. Clean, organized, and a little too… perfect? Felt the strange post-travel disconnect. Am I really here? Am I imagining this? A little bit of self-doubt, which usually ends with me trying to convince myself that I’m an imposter who will somehow mess it all up. Decided more ramen was the answer. (Spoiler: it always is.)
Day 2: Culture Shock (and a lot of it is good).
8:00 AM: Breakfast Disaster (and Recovery). Went for the hotel breakfast buffet. Eyes bigger than stomach, of course. Tried everything. And by everything, I mean… EVERYTHING. Had some miso soup that was, honestly, a little too fishy for my liking. Learned my lesson. Stuck with the (delicious) rice, eggs, and more (sigh) ramen.
9:30 AM: Akita Museum of Art - Bliss. This was amazing. The collection of Fujita Tsuguharu (Léonard Foujita) paintings was breathtaking. The way the light hit the canvases… I found myself utterly captivated. Spent a good two hours just wandering, soaking it all in. Lost track of time; forgot about my phone. Pure joy. Actually felt moved. And yes, maybe a little bit teary-eyed (don't judge!).
12:30 PM: Lunch - The Convenience Store Revelation. This deserves its own paragraph. Japanese convenience stores are… a revelation. I'm talking gourmet sandwiches, fresh-baked pastries, hot coffee… and don't even get me started on the onigiri. I grabbed a salmon and rice ball and just sat outside the shop, watching the world go by. It was simplicity at its best. Felt this sense of peace wash over me. Needed that.
2:00 PM: Senshu Park Exploration - Unexpected Beauty. The park itself was absolutely stunning. Lush greenery, small temples, and a sense of calm descended. It felt like stepping into a painting. The problem? I got horribly lost! Wandered around for a good hour with no sense of direction. Embarrassing, but hey, it gave me a chance to soak it all in. Eventually, I found my way.
4:00 PM: Hotel Rest & Recharge. Back to the hotel. Sank into the ridiculously comfortable bed. Napped for a solid two hours. Needed it. Then spent a bit of time people-watching from my window: the steady stream of passersby, all with their mysterious business to attend to.
7:00 PM: Dinner - Okonomiyaki! (and some mild embarrassment). Found a restaurant specializing in Okonomiyaki (Japanese savory pancake). The chef cooked it right in front of me, with theatrics! It was incredible. The problem? I may have accidentally ordered a beer in my, lets call it ‘enthusiastic’ Japanese. The chef found it all quite amusing.
Day 3: Stray Dogs & Street Dreams
8:00 AM: The Last, Best Ramen. I knew I couldn't leave without grabbing another bowl before heading to Tokyo.
9:30 AM: A Walk (or, rather, a Wander). Decided to explore a bit more, despite the looming departure. Took one of those scenic routes people always talk about. Spent most of my time wondering if I looked ‘like a tourist’ which made me feel like an idiot, but I enjoyed it anyhow.
11:00 AM: Farewell, Akita. Back to the hotel, one last look at the beautiful lobby. Checking out was easy. Saying goodbye to the place even easier because it would be back (never underestimate ramen).
12:00 PM: Train to Tokyo. Goodbye, Akita. You were strange, wonderful, occasionally confusing, and filled with the best ramen in the universe.
Final Thoughts (and a Rambling Plea):
This itinerary, as you can see, is a work in progress. It's messy, it's personal, and it's probably filled with more ramen consumption than you'd recommend for a healthy lifestyle. But that’s exactly what travel is about. It's about embracing the chaos, the unexpected, and the occasional existential crisis. It's about allowing yourself to be vulnerable, to get lost, and to laugh at your own mistakes.
If you're planning your own trip to Akita, I hope this… thing… has somehow inspired you. Don't be afraid to deviate from the plan. Get lost. Eat all the ramen. And for the love of all that is holy, enjoy the journey.
Escape to Paradise: GreenTree Inn Linhai Awaits!
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Hotel Metropolitan Akita's Hidden Gems - Questioning Everything!
Okay, so... Hotel Metropolitan Akita. Is it REALLY as fancy as the pictures make it out to be? Because sometimes those things are, like, cleverly angled, right? And, uh, is it worth the $$$?
Alright, let's be brutally honest. Before this trip, I was picturing, you know, a slightly nicer Holiday Inn. (No offense to Holiday Inn, I've stayed in worse.) The photos looked *amazing*. Gleaming surfaces, impossibly fluffy towels... I was deeply skeptical.
The truth? It's... well, it's *impressive*. The lobby alone nearly gave me a panic attack. Like, I nearly tripped – I swear I thought the floor gleamed at me with judgement. And yes, the towels? Fluffy. So fluffy I almost considered stealing one. Okay, maybe I *did* consider it. Don't judge me! Seriously, though, it’s worth the money if you need to feel a bit… pampered. If you’re the type to get a thrill off a good room service menu, you're in for a treat, but if your budget is, say, ramen-and-a-hostel-bed, then… probably not.
My overall feeling coming away? I’d be back. I NEED that towel experience again. Seriously.
Tell me about the rooms! Are they actually *clean*? And do they have those weird, space-age toilets?
CLEAN? Honey, these rooms could perform surgery. I'm not exaggerating. Spotless. I actually inspected the corners, bracing myself for a dusty revelation, but… nothing. Just… impeccable. It's unnerving, actually. Are they employing space ninjas? I wouldn't put it past them.
And yes, the toilets. Oh, the toilets. The *bidet* experience... it's an event. I'm pretty sure my initial response when faced with the control panel was a confused, "Um...?". I'm not going to lie, I was intimidated. But once you figure it out – and you WILL figure it out, eventually – you'll never go back. Prepare yourself for a level of cleanliness you didn't even *know* you were missing. Just start with the… gentle setting. Trust me.
The overall room experience? Sleek. Minimalist maybe a little *too* minimalist for my maximalist heart - I need *stuff*! But the bedding was DIVINE. Like, sink-into-a-cloud levels of divine. Seriously, I considered not leaving the bed for the entire stay. My own bed back home suddenly felt… inadequate.
What about the food? Is it all just tiny portions and weird seaweed? (I’m a bit of a picky eater, okay?)
Okay, picky eaters, listen up! I’m with you. I was terrified. Tiny portions? Seaweed that tastes like… well, seaweed? I had visions of ending up in a hospital, secretly starving.
But… it’s amazing. Truly, utterly amazing. They have a Japanese-Italian restaurant (genius!) that was superb. And the breakfast buffet? Oh. My. Goodness. I am not exaggerating when I say I spent two hours there the first morning. Sushi. Fresh fruit. Pastries that practically melted on the tongue. And yes, the seaweed… it was actually *good* this time! Or maybe I was just so overwhelmed with deliciousness, that the texture didn’t bother me. I don’t know, I just ate everything. EVERYTHING. I might need therapy after this trip.
Just… pace yourself. And maybe loosen your belt. You’ll thank me later.
Okay, okay, I'm starting to get it. But what about the "hidden gems"? What secrets does this hotel hold?
Ooooh, the hidden gems! Alright, so, prepare yourself for this one, because… the hotel spa. I didn't initially sign up because I was like, "pfft, spas are for boring people." I was totally wrong.
It was… transformative. First off, the atmosphere: serene. Like, I walked in and immediately felt my shoulders drop about five inches. They had a variety of treatments (I went for the facial). The woman who did the facial… she was a magician. My skin hasn't felt that good since I was an infant. I kid you not. The facial almost sent me into a trance. I was so relaxed I nearly snored, which, you know, would have been incredibly rude. Seriously, go to the spa. Even if you think you're not a "spa person." Especially if you think you're not a "spa person." You'll emerge a changed human.
Another hidden gem, and this is niche: The hotel has a fantastic selection of locally sourced rice wine (sake). I’m not a huge sake drinker, but I was given some recommendations. If you are into it, expect a whole new level of appreciation.
Alright, is there *anything* you didn't like? Come on, spill the tea! No place is perfect!
Okay, okay, fine. I’m trying to be objective here. I’m reaching.
Honestly? The biggest “issue” was the sheer *amount* of choice at breakfast. It was almost overwhelming. I felt a little stressed about making the "right" choices. Also I am pretty sure if I was going on a longer stay I may need a bit of a break from all the luxury – that gleaming judgement from the floor can get to you.
Oh, and here's a minor gripe: The lighting in the room was… a bit complicated. Like, there were so many switches! I kept accidentally bathing the room in intense white light when I just wanted a cozy glow. First world problems, I know. But still... I will say, I was able to call for a helpful staff member, and they were super helpful and managed to solve my lighting crisis perfectly in under a minute.
Otherwise? I'm clutching at straws. It was genuinely a fantastic experience. Now, where's that spa menu…?

